Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2016

On the border

 
 It is not an exaggeration, we are literally right on the border... 

We have never seen this much of a law enforcement presence, EVER. As we travel Texas Highway 83 from the Harlingen area west through the Rio Grande Valley over past Roma we have seen more law enforcement than I have ever seen in my entire life.

There is NO DOUBT our border is being watched, patrolled, observed, enforced. There are hundreds on patrol. By golly they are on foot with and without dogs, in the air via helicopters, dirigibles and mobile watch towers and lastly, by vehicles. LOTS and LOTS of vehicles, in one stretch not more than five miles long we saw over 30 Texas State Troopers. There are also Border Patrol vehicles, the local sheriff, the local Constables, the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol and local Police. They are EVERYWHERE. We have seen them in fields looking, on the side of the road with folks out of vehicles, at gas stations doing drug dog walks, in the median just observing, going down the road (and not just the main ones), sitting along side the road. I kid you not, they are out and out in force! It makes you feel safe but a little paranoid as well.

 Mobile watch tower, dirigible, helicopter.

While I see what I see I can't help but wonder what I don't see...as we travel the Highway 83 circuit for the next few weeks I hope they continue to keep it safe out there and know that we are good guys!

#OWT
#BorderPatrolRocks

No comments:

Post a Comment