Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Thursday thoughts - Reagan

We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone. Ronald Reagan

So that we do not become overwhelmed with all that we see around us that needs to be done this little thought can help us to remember that we can and should be doing something. 

Several weeks back MiRV was approached at the fuel pump by a Hispanic male who had a story...he quoted scripture, he was neatly dressed and clean, he had "handouts", he had an honorable cause...he was sincere. MiRV felt like we should "contribute". I was skeptical. We generously gave. Was it a scam, I think so. We pulled away from the pump and observed. There were actually two fellows, they did not approach anyone else while we were watching, in fact within 20 minutes of "scoring" our donation, they walked away from their post. From our vantage point we could not tell where they went, however, they reappeared within the hour and walked on down the street in the other direction got into their individual vehicles (very nice rides I might add) and left. Was I a little miffed, yes, I was. Did we really help? I don't know, I hope even if we didn't help the original cause he pitched that he was still in need and that he was helped in some way and that he will know that we were sincere.

No comments:

Post a Comment