Search This Blog

Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran's Day

It's not just another day off, same way I feel about all holidays actually, they are not just days off, they have meaning. Obviously, some have more meaning to me than others, same for you I bet.

 An early days picture of MiRV while on deployment!




I have a Veteran or two or three in my life, I personally know the sacrifices we as a family have made as a service member's family, it's nothing earth shattering in my book, it was just our life. We took it in stride. I'm sure there were days I grumbled, but then I tried to do a reality check and pull myself away from that mentality. I mean I still had a living spouse, I was able to get occasional phone calls, letters did arrive more often then not. I think of those who served before us when communication was non existent, like NOTHING, for the whole tour, or spouses of POWs or even MIAs, yeah, I got no complaints...I am thankful for all Veteran's and especially those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

So on this Veteran's Day I salute those who are on the job, THANK YOU! You are true unsung heroes in my book. I am thankful to be an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment