Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wednesday Words - Saunders

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans. 
Allen Saunders

Often times when people find out we are full time RVing and traveling around the USA they share they plan to do the same someday. Or they say that would be my dream come true to do that. It is the same thought we shared with others before we decided to do it ourselves. It is NOT as easy and glamorous as it sounds. I am not saying that I don't enjoy it, I do. However, it was not an easy decision for us to make. We are still relatively young. We decided to go ahead and make it happen now while we could. While we are still in good health, while we can. We knew that we didn't want to wait. 

It was a sacrifice and it still is in many respects. Even though most think it's not and that we are "loaded". LOL that is certainly not the case. We saved our money, we still save as we can, we live quite simply, we always have. I don't look for that to ever change. It IS our choice for this life. Certainly, MiRV did and still does explore the job market. Should the right opportunity present itself he would re-enter the workforce. So far nothing has appeared to make him want to do that.

I will say I personally think you can let yourself be so "busy" in life that you are not "living" life. Balance is key don't you think? I mean, really, when you have no balance then you find yourself stressed, tired, frazzled. Take time to live right now in the life you are in, no matter the circumstances. Don't dwell on the what ifs and whens, live now, live abundantly, don't get bogged down in when this happens, we will (fill in the blank), or when this is over I will (fill in the blank). It's easy to do, I know I fell into this mindset while MiRV was active duty because there was so much that was out of our control. But then I came to realize you still have to live life. Hard, you bet, nothing comes easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment