Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Wednesday Words - Ziglar

It is hard to wrap my brain around the fact that we are closing out another year of our lives. I'm so glad we have made the conscious choice to be living life as fully as we can. I'm thankful for this opportunity. I look back at this year and all that has changed in our family...so much was sad. So much is still sad, loss of life, loss of limb, continued loss of relationships...that about sums up life in part for this past year. Impacting for sure.

I think I will just go ahead and jump right on over to the we "still have so much to be thankful for" category. While not all can or will be named in this arena (nor remembered) we do know we are blessed. We also have heart aches. But we are so blessed. In fact, we really take many of our blessings for granted. That's kind of sad.

For the upcoming year I want to try to live an even more purposeful life, to live with a more genuine attitude of gratitude. To let go of the critical, cynical thoughts, the judgements; not gonna be easy but worth striving for.

A quote that comes to mind is from a man I actually have heard speak in person. It was years ago and he left a lasting impression as I have continued to follow him and enjoy reading his words. He is inspirational to many, including me and these words do just that...

Life is short, live it.
Love is rare, grab it.
Anger is bad, dump it.
Fear is awful, face it.
Memories are sweet, cherish it.

#ZigZiglar

No comments:

Post a Comment