Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Wednesday Words - Larson

Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd have preferred to talk.
Doug Larson
 
 
 
This really struck a cord with me as often I am or have been on the listening end of things with people; especially those I do not know well. And should we cross paths again I might recall an obscure piece from your life and inquire on this information. It might be about another family member, a goal, a pet, a life event or whatever really. And more often then not said persons are amazed and wonder how I know this or that or remark that I have an incredible memory. Maybe I do, maybe I don't; however, I personally would like to think I just paid attention and listened while we were engaged in conversation. I honestly cannot tell you the number of times I remember someone that I have had contact with and they have no clue who I am. And these are people I have shared a table at an event with, sat next to each other on a tour bus for half a day or belong to the same group for a time; it's incredible! I used to tell my husband I am the easiest person to forget you will ever meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment